A place to talk about CG particles...
login.php?sid=61653ce8f3e0a57cc2c89a634fc3aa13 profile.php?mode=register&sid=61653ce8f3e0a57cc2c89a634fc3aa13 faq.php?sid=61653ce8f3e0a57cc2c89a634fc3aa13 memberlist.php?sid=61653ce8f3e0a57cc2c89a634fc3aa13 search.php?sid=61653ce8f3e0a57cc2c89a634fc3aa13 index.php?sid=61653ce8f3e0a57cc2c89a634fc3aa13

Orbaz Technologies Forum Index » Particle Flow Tools: Box#3 » Using stored rotation data + inherit previous event
Using stored rotation data + inherit previous event
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
romanus

Hi there,

Is it possible to combine two rotations from different events? Can you share some tips on this?
I would like to combine stored rotation from event one and combine it with rotation from event 03.

Thanks,
Rui Romano
www.ingreme.com

MAP_FIND_TARGET_v2.max
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MAP_FIND_TARGET_v2.max
 Filesize:  312 KB
 Downloaded:  322 Time(s)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

Hey!

In your Get orig mesh pos and rot event.

Your get rot data op.
Before you set your new rot data.
ON new in event you should read in the rotation value. Output new. That is your last rotation from the event before.

Now all you have to do is create an interpolation function between

ur old rotation and your new rotation.
As an example
You can control the mix factor by time in event, or even distance to its target position. Possibilities are endless Razz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

You also can just add a go to rotation operator before your rot data op.

That's the easy way of doing it!

-N
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
romanus

nickolay411 wrote:
You also can just add a go to rotation operator before your rot data op.

That's the easy way of doing it!

-N

uffff i was thinking that this forum was kind of dead... super thanks for the help. I'll give it a try at home!

Cheers for now!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

Haha it is kinda dead. A lot of the talented artists who used to use box3 have pretty much moved onto houdini or propeitary stuff at bigger shops. Box 3 is a great stepping stone to be able to learn visual scripting and math in general. You can apply this knowledge in other tools. Not just open bigger possibilites in max.
Anyway there are a lot of new people on here though since autodesk bought box2 and 3 into the main package. Lots to learn!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
romanus

nickolay411 wrote:
Haha it is kinda dead. A lot of the talented artists who used to use box3 have pretty much moved onto houdini or propeitary stuff at bigger shops. Box 3 is a great stepping stone to be able to learn visual scripting and math in general. You can apply this knowledge in other tools. Not just open bigger possibilites in max.
Anyway there are a lot of new people on here though since autodesk bought box2 and 3 into the main package. Lots to learn!

Hi Nickolay411!

Just tryed to add the go to rotation operator and it didn't work. The first solution you told seems pretty awsome, but i didn't quite understand it.
I understand the concept, but how to make it, that's a different story.
So, basically:

1 - Store the rotation from event find target 01 - how?
2 - Call this rotation and add the first stored rotation and add a function to mix them both by time - how?

I'm going to read some manuals and try to understand better on how to use these functions! Meanwhile, if you have some time, helpppp Smile)

Cheers!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

First thing to learning and getting things right is reading things carefully!! And then reading them again and again. I don't mean to patronize you but go back and read what I wrote.

"You also can just add a go to rotation operator before your rot data op"

I checked out your file and your go to rotation is in the wrong spot. If you hover over the go to rotation operator int he depot there are specific isntructions on how to use it on the right side of screen. They say

"Go To Rotation makes a smooth transition from the current rotation to the rotation defined by the next rotation-type operator. At the end of the transition particles are sent to the next event."

the next rotation type operator is your Get Rot vector data op. So go to rotation will go right above it. Also try using transition by event duration and set something like 15 frames with 5 frame variation.

It works just fine !

-N
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

romanus wrote:

Hi Nickolay411!

Just tryed to add the go to rotation operator and it didn't work. The first solution you told seems pretty awsome, but i didn't quite understand it.
I understand the concept, but how to make it, that's a different story.
So, basically:

1 - Store the rotation from event find target 01 - how?
2 - Call this rotation and add the first stored rotation and add a function to mix them both by time - how?

Cheers!

Here it is again but with a little more direction on how to achieve it.

You should be using these:
INput standard -- new in event
input standard -- rotation vector
output new --- vector (name this last rot)
set execution order as 1 , 1
-----
input custom -- store rot (you already have that one)
input custom --- last rot (the one you created above)
function---interpolation, pipe in your two input custom channels, store rot and last rot, enable mix factor r3 pipe in
input standard --event age
converted to a real number set 1 as second.

Output standard -- rotation vector
execution 2 , 1

this should mix from one rotation to the other in 24 frames or 30 depending on your timeline settings.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
romanus

nickolay411 wrote:
First thing to learning and getting things right is reading things carefully!! And then reading them again and again. I don't mean to patronize you but go back and read what I wrote.

"You also can just add a go to rotation operator before your rot data op"

I checked out your file and your go to rotation is in the wrong spot. If you hover over the go to rotation operator int he depot there are specific isntructions on how to use it on the right side of screen. They say

"Go To Rotation makes a smooth transition from the current rotation to the rotation defined by the next rotation-type operator. At the end of the transition particles are sent to the next event."

the next rotation type operator is your Get Rot vector data op. So go to rotation will go right above it. Also try using transition by event duration and set something like 15 frames with 5 frame variation.

It works just fine !

-N

Thank you sooo much! It's working great now!
I read and read your post but i've added a new goto rotation and didn't realise you were talking about the one that already existed... a lot of nights working and a lot to learn about this awsome tools!

If you ever come to Portugal i'll buy you a drink! hehehehe

Cheers!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
nickolay411

haha nice! glad it works and you figured it out! Try the data op way when you have time. Smile

I will take you up on that beer offer if I'm ever there! Smile

Thanks!
Using stored rotation data + inherit previous event
Orbaz Technologies Forum Index » Particle Flow Tools: Box#3